Three Things to Do in March
- Date: Friday 23rd February 2018
- PDF: Download
Prepare for pay increases on the 01 April
The draft NMW Regulations propose to change the rates of the national minimum wage in accordance with recommendations from the Low Pay Commission. According to the draft NMW Regulations, the following hourly rates of national minimum wage will apply from 1 April 2018:
- National living wage (workers aged 25+) = £7.83
- Standard adult rate (workers aged 21 – 24) = £7.38
- Development rate (workers aged 18 – 20) = £5.90
- Young workers rate (workers aged under 18, but above compulsory school age who are not apprentices) = £4.20
- Apprentices rate = £3.70
Plan a summer outing
Summer staff parties and teambuilding days can be a great way to boost morale. These outings don’t have to cost much, it’s often more about sharing a drink over a campfire. At SSG, we are combining our social responsibility with a jolly, by meeting for a beach clean and BBQ.
If your financial year ends in March, don’t forget to plan in time to go through last minute queries!