Fatal Injury Statistics
- Date: Thursday 7th July 2016
Summary for 2015/16
- The provisional figure for the number of workers fatally injured in 2015/16 is 144, and corresponds to a rate of fatal injury of 0.46 deaths per 100,000 workers.
- The figure of 144 worker deaths in 2015/16 is 7% lower than the average for the past five years (155). The latest rate of fatal injury of 0.46 compares to the five-year average rate of 0.52.
- The finalised figure for 2014/15 is 142 worker fatalities, and corresponds to a rate of 0.46 deaths per 100,000 workers.
- Over the latest 20-year time period there has been a downward trend in the rate of fatal injury, although in recent years this shows signs of levelling off.
- There were 67 members of the public fatally injured in accidents connected to work in 2015/16 (excluding incidents relating to railways, and those enforced by the Care Quality Commission).