Location and Avoidance of Underground Apparatus Training
The aim of this course is to provide the delegates with a required level of understanding of the safety procedures and precautions associated with the use of Cable Avoidance Tools before and during excavation work.
This half day training course is suitable for site personnel who are engaged in excavation and ground works.
Candidates will participate in theory and practical training covering the following:
- Course introduction
- Relevant legislation, approved code of practice and guidance to include HSG 47
- Interpretation of utility maps
- Symbols used by utility companies on maps
- Common types of underground apparatus
- Support of apparatus in open excavations
- Safe working practices to include risk assessment and use of PPE
- Practical use of cable avoidance tools and generator
- Health and safety implications of damage to undergound apparatus
Open courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £175.00 plus VAT.
Private courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.