IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing
Health and wellbeing have become an important strategic consideration for businesses. Increasingly organisations need to focus on both what they do now and how they do it. According to the IOSH report The Health Profit, sickness absence due to mental ill health alone costs the UK economy more than £8bn per year. An organisation that is healthy and well is more likely to be productive, innovative and competitive.
IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing offers a fresh approach to health training and is designed to provide delegates with the tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing across their organisation.
This one day course provides essential information for managers and supervisors working in any sector, and for any organisation.
The course will be broken doen into the following modules:
- A healthy company
- Health risk management
- Fitness for work
On completion of the course delegates will be able to:
- State what health management is and explain why it makes good business sense to have a good health profile
- Summarise occupational safety and health and employment requirements and describe what to consider in a health needs assessment
- Describe how the vision and direction of an organisation influence health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Relate health hazards to different categories and explain their causes and impact
- Carry out a health risk assessment identifying the hazards, risks and controls and recognise any specific health risks that need to be prioritised
- Explain ways to monitor health risks in a risk management process and state who can provide help with managing occupational health and wellbeing issues
- List types of common non-work-related physical and mental health conditions and describe how they impact fitness for work
- Describe the requirements and types of health assessments for specific worker groups
- Describe the components of a drug and alcohol policy and testing process and explain how to manage results
- Explain ways to conduct absence management and recognise the benefits of getting people back to work
- Explain the aims and business benefits of a workplace wellbeing programme and how to promote and monitor it
- Describe easy health choices and how they can enable a healthy lifestyle
- Recognise mental health issues and explain how to approach the employee to find a way forward
- Describe how the workplace culture and leaders’ attitudes and behaviours influence overall wellbeing.
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our Plymouth Training Centre. The cost per delegate is £205.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £185.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our training bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.