7b. NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety - Distance Learning
The NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety qualfication helps delegates learn and develop fire safety skills which can be applied in workplaces anywhere in the world. The Fire Safety Certificate (FSC) replaces the National Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management and the International Certificate in Fire Safety and Risk Management.
On completion of the qualification, delegates will have the knowledge and skills to understand fire and explosion protection and prevention principles, as well as be able to carry out an effective fire risk assessment in a low to medium risk workplace.
This course has been specifically designed for those who need to ensure that their organisation meets its responsibilities under fire safety legislation. This could include managers, employee representatives, those working in facilities management and those persons wishing to start a career in fire safety or occupational safety and health.
The Fire Safety certificate syllabus is comprised of two parts:
Unit FSC1 - Fire safety
- Managing fire safety
- Principles of fire and explosion
- Fuel, oxygen and ignition sources and control measures
- Fire protection in buildings
- Safety of people in the event of a fire
- Fire safety risk assessment
Unit FSC2 - Fire risk assessment
- Practical risk assessment - this has been developed around fire risk assessment standards such as the Home Office fire guidance and PAS79-1:2020.
SSG have a unique distance learning package available to delegates who wish to undertake the NEBOSH Certificate in Fire Safety course outside of a classroom environment. Contact our customer service team for more information on 01752 201616.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.