Emergency First Aid At Work
This 1 day course provides delegates with the necessary skills to take charge of an incident if an illness or injury occurs in the workplace and provide support and assistance to a fully qualified first aider.
This course is suitable for any person who has been carefully selected to ensure that they are capable of taking on the responsibilities for a first aider. All of our First Aid courses are approved by the First Aid Industry Body and Quality Care Academy.
On completion of training successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider
- Manage and record an incident
- Understand the importance of avoiding cross infection
- Deal with the unconcious casualty
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Train in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and minor burns)
Please Note: The health, safety and welfare of our delegates is paramount. In addition to our general hygiene measures, we have the following in place on our First Aid courses:
- Delegates will be offered the use of nitrile gloves and disposable face shields throughout the course. These will be provided at the beginning of each training day and will be replaced and disposed of as necessary during training sessions.
- Manikins will be sterilised regularly, with lungs and airways disinfected and replaced after each training session.
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £115.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £95.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information about other courses eligible for the Training Bundles fee.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Emergency First Aid at Work.pdf (284.2 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.