Emergency First Aid At Work
This 1 day course provides delegates with the necessary skills to take charge of an incident if an illness or injury occurs in the workplace and provide support and assistance to a fully qualified first aider.
This course is suitable for any person who has been carefully selected to ensure that they are capable of taking on the responsibilities for a first aider. All of our First Aid courses are approved by the First Aid Industry Body and Quality Care Academy.
On completion of training successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider
- Manage and record an incident
- Understand the importance of avoiding cross infection
- Deal with the unconcious casualty
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Train in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and minor burns)
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £115.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £95.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information about other courses eligible for the Training Bundles fee.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
Emergency First Aid at Work.pdf (264.9 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.