This course refreshes and updates skills in applying the MHFA Action plan, keeps awareness of mental health support current and updates knowledge of mental health and what influences it.
This course is suitable for all delegates who have completed the MHFAiders® course.
If you are a Mental Health First Aider or Champion you will have developed skill to support yourself and people around you. These skills require refreshing to remain effective. The MHFAider® Refresher is a four-hour face to face course designed to refresh and update your skills in applying the MHFA Action Plan, keep your awareness of mental health support current and update your knowledge of mental health and what influences it.
MHFA England recommend that Mental Health First Aiders and Champions attend refresher training every three years, to keep training up to date.
Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven-day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and has attended CPD events to keep their knowledge and awareness current.
SSG offer this course over four hours as a classroom or virtual course.
- Practice skills in applying the MHFA Action Plan
- Refresh knowledge of mental health and what influences it
- Keep awareness of mental health support current
- About mental health
- Stress and factors which influence mental health
- Mental health continuum and stigma
- Frame of reference and non-judgement
- Reintroducing ALGEE
- Warning signs of mental ill health
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and first aid for suicidal crisis
- Psychosis and first aid for severe psychotic episodes
- More mental health issues
- Practising our MHFA skills
- Self-care, wellbeing and recovery
This course will:
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in manageable sections, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills:
Training Certification and Assessment
This course is certificated by MHFA England. Refresher training is recommended after three years.
Book this course
Discount rate available for three or more delegates
Quick and easy online booking
Manage your delegates and certificates online
Location and dates convenient to you
Bespoke options available
Discounted bundle price per delegate shown above, regular price £130 per delegate
Price per course depends on location, required publications and delegate numbers
Follow on and complementary courses
Suggested follow on courses and others from the same category