Whether you are a large multi-national or a small to medium size company, being able to demonstrate that business processes are being effectively managed and continually improved is critical.
Management systems do not have to be complex and can be simple in their design or follow established models such as OHSAS 18001 (H&S), ISO 14001 (Environment) or ISO 9001 (Quality).
SSG offers a wide range of management system consultancy services, including:
- 'Gap Analyses' of existing systems against the requirements of recognised standards
- Provision of 'Internal Auditor' services where internal auditor resources are limited
- Design and build of bespoke management systems to any combination of OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 standards
- Gap Analyses against the new 2015 versions of the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Integration of new system elements into existing management system structures (e.g. adding H&S and/or environmental management into an existing Quality-only system)
- System 'health checks' in preparation for audit by a UKAS accredited certification body
- Ongoing systems support in a 'retained advisor' capacity via the SSG 'ISO Advisor' Scheme
Certification of management systems is not mandatory but it can add enormous value to a business in a number of ways.
Whether you need to achieve certification to access new markets and assist in the tendering process or you are one of the growing number of companies endeavouring to reduce risk and actively demonstrate corporate governance, the key benefits speak for themselves:
- Effective management of quality, health, safety and environmental risk
- Reduced defect, complaint, accident and incident numbers
- Improved compliance with legislative requirements
- Reduced risk of prosecution, penalties and clean-up costs
- Reduced downtime, disruption and business losses
- Lower insurance premiums
- Increased productivity and improved business performance
- Reduced operational costs through reduced utility consumption and wastage
- Enhanced company and brand reputation
- Increased access to new customers and partners
- Increased levels of communication, consultation and internal morale
- Increased customer satisfaction
If you are thinking of introducing a management system SSG strongly recommends the use of UKAS accredited certification companies. The full, current list of such companies is available at www.ukas.com/search-accredited-organisations/
The Journey with SSG
SSG works with companies of all sizes and in many industries, on various management system solutions. We offer a simple, friendly, bespoke approach that is painless, comes at a fixed price and follows a 6 step approach to certification:
- Conduct an initial gap analysis against the required standards;
- Create a compliance action plan over a typical 6 - 12 month period;
- Design the management system structure and associated tools
- Meet regularly with clients to ensure progress is being made in line with the action plan;
- Advise on and engage an appropriate UKAS accredited body for stage 1 certification audit;
- Support clients during the stage 2 audit, if desired, to facilitate successful certification.
Partnering with SSG will ensure that your quality, health, safety and environmental management systems are aligned with the requirements of the relevant standards steering you towards successful certification with a UKAS accredited certification body.