Technology Project Manager
Published Sep 29, 2023
Closing date: 06 October 2023
Who are we?
SSG Training and Consultancy provides QHSE and HREL services to a wide range of organisations, across a variety of industry sectors, including construction and allied services, manufacturing, retail, energy, agriculture, tourism, food and catering, education, events and facilities management.
This position is based out of our head office at Plymouth.
As the Technology Project Manager, you will be a pivotal driver in our technology initiatives, focusing on practical implementation and efficient project management. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the successful delivery of technology projects that enhance our products and services.
Idea Generation & Implementation:
Encourage and support team members in generating innovative technology ideas, and lead efforts to identify, assess, and prioritise real IT solutions. Act as a focal point for idea generation.
Technology Adoption: Evaluate and recommend the adoption of new technologies, tools, and platforms, ensuring they meet our organisation's specific needs.
Coordinate project management activities, breaking projects down into actionable steps, assigning tasks, and ensuring project documentation is comprehensive and up-to-date. Contribute to the development and achievement of SMART technology objectives.
Research & Development Leadership:
Lead research and development projects to create and deliver practical technology solutions. Lead the way on creating a positive technology culture.
Collaborate with external teams and various departments to align technology projects with business goals and ensure seamless integration. Help implement technology solutions to better manage processes and procedures both current and future and deliver internal learning programmes when new technology is introduced.
Manage relationships with external technology partners, exploring potential collaborations and staying updated on industry advancements.
Identify and address potential risks related to technology implementations, proactively developing plans to ensure project success and data security.
Market Analysis: Stay informed about technology trends within the sector and competitor technology use, to maintain and gain a competitive advantage.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Innovation Management).
- Experience in technology and project management, with a successful track record of hands-on implementation of innovative solutions.
- Strong grasp of emerging technologies, including AI and cloud computing, with a focus on practical applications.
- Excellent communication skills, capable of conveying complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders. Ability to working with a diverse range of people, with a high level of empathy and emotional intelligence.
- Creative problem solver, driven by a passion for hands-on and practical approach.
- Strong organisation & interpersonal skills - proficient in working across multiple projects, with strong time management.
- Experience in a similar role within the ededucation sector or training company desirable.
- Full-time hours, weekdays only
- Closedown over Christmas
- An exciting variety of work - no day is the same!
- Onsite free parking at our head office
- Regular access to free learning and development opportunities
- Incentive and referral schemes
- Wide range of company wellbeing benefits: internal exercise classes, mental wellbeing support, regular teambuilding activities
- Benefit of working in an organisation that treats employees with respect and compassion, living and working by our values of being professional, caring and friendly
- We take social responsibility seriously and regularly support our team members' chosen charities
- Environmental awareness is one of our main business goals and at the heart of our operations
If you would like to work in a forward thinking and successful company providing excellent personal development opportunities, together with a competitive salary, then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your CV with a covering letter by email to [email protected].