Health and Safety Trainer / Consultant - Construction
Published Sep 11, 2023
Closing date: 30 September 2023
Excellent opportunity for an ambitious health and safety professional, looking to inspire people and businesses to work safely and sustainably.
Who are we?
SSG Training and Consultancy provides QHSE and HREL services to a wide range of organisations, across a variety of industry sectors, including construction and allied services, manufacturing, retail, energy, agriculture, tourism, food and catering, education, events and facilities management.
This position is based out of our head office at Plymouth and will require some travel throughout the South West and potentially nationwide, balanced with a degree of home/flexible working.
The role involves:
- Delivering CITB certified training, together with a range of construction-focussed courses, dependent on experience and qualifications
- Visiting client premises and construction sites - undertaking reviews, site safety inspections and incident investigations, and identifying appropriate, proportionate remedial actions
- Supporting development of Construction Phase Plans and associated documentation, including RAMS
- Undertaking gap analyses - reviewing existing health and safety processes, RAMS, supporting documentation and competence levels and identifying / reporting on areas where improvements in HSE management systems are required, including training needs
We are looking for someone who:
- Has 3 or more years’ experience in the construction sector, preferably at Site Manager level
- Enjoys inspiring clients and delivering both training and consultancy services
- Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Is highly motivated to provide a superior customer service experience
- Sets and attains high personal and professional standards
- Is competent at delivering both face-to-face and online training
Additionally beneficial but non-essential experience in:
- Temporary works
- Environmental management
- Full-time hours preferred but part-time will be considered, weekdays only
- Closedown over Christmas
- Delivering an inspiring service that you can be proud of
- An exciting variety of work - no day is the same!
- Onsite free parking at our training centres and office
- Free tea, coffee and lunches when delivering training
- Regular access to free learning and development opportunities
- Incentive and referral schemes
- Wide range of company wellbeing benefits: internal exercise classes, mental wellbeing support, regular teambuilding activities
- Benefit of working in an organisation that treats employees with respect and compassion, living and working by our values of being professional, caring and friendly
- We take social responsibility seriously and regularly support our team members' chosen charities
- Environmental awareness is one of our main business goals and at the heart of our operations
If you would like to work in a forward thinking and successful company providing excellent personal development opportunities, together with a competitive salary, then we would like to hear from you. Please forward your CV with a covering letter by email to [email protected].