Working Safely at Heights
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with training to improve their knowledge and practical understanding of the hazards, risks and control associated with working safely at heights.
This half day course is suitable for roof workers, scaffolders, tradespersons, steel workers, powered access operators and all persons required to work at heights. Delegates will receive detailed awareness training and will be given the opportunity to apply practical knowledge.
- Overview of current legislation, ACOPs, and industry best practice
- Hierarchy of control associated with working at height
- Risk Assessment to include relevant practical exercises
- Fall prevention measures to include scaffolds, portable aluminium towers, MEWPs and other forms of edge protection
- Fall arrest to include safety nets, bags, safety harnesses, running lines etc
- Working safely on roofs
- Fragile surfaces
- Failing objects precautions
- Use of other access equipment to include ladders, step ladders and trestles
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £125.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £110.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
Working Safely at Heights.pdf (759.8 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.