Scaffold Awareness and Inspection
All companies using scaffold have a duty to ensure that it is inspected in accordance with statutory requirements and is safe to use at all times. In order to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005, all scaffolds are to be inspected once every seven days and the inspection recorded.
In order to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005, all scaffolds are to be inspected once every seven days (or following exposure to conditions likely to have affected its strength or stability or after any significant alterations have been made) and the inspection recorded.
This one day course is suitable for delegates responsible for employees working from a scaffold or delegates responsible for conducting the inspection and completing a scaffold inspection register.
- Overview of current relevant legislation, standards, industry best practice
- Scaffold components and structures
- Requirements of NASC guidance SG4:15 and TG20:13
- Access and egress (working at height hierarchy)
- NASC e-guide and associated compliance sheets
- Ratings of independent components
- Inspection techniques - what to look for, typical problems
- Miscellaneous issues e.g. hoists etc
- Practical Scaffold Inspection (Plymouth centre only), equivalent visual representation (all other centres)
- Additional items for example hoists, rubbish chutes, gin wheels, fans
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £205.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £185.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
Scaffold Awareness and Inspection.pdf (509.7 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.