*NEW* Managing and Inspecting Scaffolds
All companies using scaffold have a duty to ensure that it is erected, used and inspected in accordance with the statutory requirements and current best practice at all times.
SSG offer this course over two days. Delegates do have the opportunity to attend just day 1 (Managing Scaffold Activities) or attend both day 1 and day 2. Day 2 (Scaffold Inspection - Tube Fitting) cannot be attended on its own.
This course is suitable for all those responsible for employees using a scaffold, those who manage scaffold activities or those with a scaffold to erect at their workplace.
Day 1 - Managing Scaffold Activities
- Laws applicable to scaffold structures
- Suitability of scaffold companies and scaffold personnel
- Specifying a scaffold
- Scaffolders safe system of work (NASC SG 4)
- Requirements of scaffold inspection
- System scaffolds
- Introduction to NASC TG20:21
- NASC e-guide
- Tube and fitting standard configurations and bespoke design
Day 2 - Scaffold Inspection - Tube Fitting
In order to comply with the Work at Height Regulations 2005, all scaffolds are to be inspected every seven days at a minimum (or following exposure to conditions likely to have affected its strength or stability or after any significant alterations have been made) and the inspection recorded. The course will involve an introduction to:
- Scaffold components and structures
- Ratings of independent components
- Methods of scaffold restraint
- Common faults
- Inspection techniques
- Additional ancillary items (hoists, gin wheels, rubbish chutes and protection fans)
- Test - scaffold inspection and written test
Please note - Day 2 covers specifically Tube and Fitting Scaffold, it does not cover the use of System Scaffolds.
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is:
- Two-day course - £350 plus VAT inclusive of all refreshments, handouts and certification. Bundle fee per delegate is £320 plus VAT.
- One-day course - £205 plus VAT inclusive of all refreshments, handouts and certification. Bundle fee per delegate is £185 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Managing and Inspecting Scaffolds.pdf (274.4 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.