Safe Use of Petrol Driven Cut-off Saws
This course has been developed to promote the safe use of petrol driven cut off saws in the construction industry.
This 1/2 day course will be suitable for all construction site workers or others who use petrol driven cut off saws.
Successful delegates will complete the course with an understanding of:
- The importance of wearing PPE
- The dangers that dust poses to health
- The dangers that noise poses to health
- Effects of vibration on the hand and arm
- Dangers involved in using a petrol driven cut off saw in poorly ventilated spaces
- Safety features of a petrol driven cut off saw
- The importance of ensuring the fuel cap is correctly fitted
- Causes of kick back
- The importance of ensuring that the wheel is correct for the machine and application
- The need for carrying out a site assessment
- Correct cold and hot start procedures for the saw
- Correct method for holding the saw
- Correct technique for cutting stone/brick/concrete on the ground
- Demonstrate correct technique for cutting metal on the ground
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £135.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £125.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Safe Use of Petrol Driven Cut-off Saws.pdf (176.7 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.