Rescue 3 Swiftwater and Flood Rescue Technician (SRT)
The Rescue Technician course is intended for those personnel who will be required, in teams, to carry out rescues in a swiftwater and flood enviornment. The course is based on the philosophy of self-protection and application of low to high risk solutions.
The course is designed for personnel from emergency services, mountain rescue teams and also other category 2 responders, as well as raft guides and those involved in coaching involving moving water activities e.g. kayaking.
- Rescue 3 philosophy and absolutes
- Introduction to technical rescue equipment
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Introduction to rope systems
- National and international standards
- Personal and team equipment
- Swimming in moving water
- Channel crossing methods
- Search options
- Management and organisations of water incidents
- Medical consideration
- Flat water boat handling
- Contact and in moving water rescues
We are able to offer dates for this course in partnership with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service. This course is available as a private course only. For more information, please contact our Customer Service team.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.