First Aid Annual Skills Update
This half day course is suitable for any persons who qualified as first aiders, or who have attended the First Aid at Work course and are looking for a practical update session to refresh their skills.
Delegates will receive a refresher in basic theory and will be given the opportunity to apply practical skills in a classroom situation. This course is suitable for any persons who are qualified as first aiders.
All our First Aid courses are approved by the First Aid Industry Body and Quality Care Academy.
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconcious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Update your AED skills
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
Please note: The health, safety and welfare of our delegates is paramount. In addition to our general hygiene measures, we have the following in place on our First Aid courses:
- Delegates will be offered the use of nitrile gloves and disposable face shields throughout the course. These will be provided at the beginning of each training day and will be replaced and disposed of as necessary during training sessions.
- Manikins will be sterilised regularly, with lungs and airways disinfected and replaced after each training session.
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £65.00 plus VAT.
Private Courses - If you have 8 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
FAW Skills Updates.pdf (407.1 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.