Workplace Mental Health First Aid (One Day)
Workplace Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, the course is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Every Workplace MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the 7-day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
This 1 day course is designed for delegates across all levels of an organisation, but primarily for line managers or anyone who has the responsibility of managing a team.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis including suicide
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other support
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Open courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our Plymouth Training Centre. The cost per delegate is £195.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundle fee per delegate is £175.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
Workplace MHFA One Day.pdf (149.9 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.