Workplace Mental Health First Aid
Workplace Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course. Through a mix of group activities, presentations and discussions, the course is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Every Workplace MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the 7-day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
This 1 day course is designed for delegates across all levels of an organisation, but primarily for line managers or anyone who has the responsibility of managing a team.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health issues (eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis)
- Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Action 1: Approach the person, assess and assist with any crisis including suicide
- Action 2: Listen and communicate non-judgementally
- Action 3: Give support and information
- Action 4: Encourage the person to get appropriate professional help
- Action 5: Encourage other support
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using MHFA
Open courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our Plymouth Training Centre. The cost per delegate is £195.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundle fee per delegate is £175.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Workplace Mental Health First Aid.pdf (536.8 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.