MHFA Refresher - Online
If you are a Mental Health First Aider or Champion you have developed skill to support yourself and people around you, these skills require refreshing to remain effective.
The MHFA Refresher is a four-hour face to face course designed to refresh and update your skills in applying the MHFA Action Plan, keep your awareness of mental health support current and update your knowledge of mental health and what influences it.
MHFA recommend that Mental Health First Aiders and Champions attend refresher training every three years, to keep your training up to date.
Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the seven-day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health and has attended CPD events to keep their knowledge and awareness current.
This course is for all delegates who have completed the Adult MHFA Two Day or One Day, or Armed Forces MHFA Two Day course.
This course will:
- Practice skills in applying the MHFA Action Plan.
- Refresh knowledge of mental health and what influences it current.
- Keep awareness of mental health support current.
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable sections, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills:
- About Mental Health
- Stress and factors which influence mental health
- Mental Health Continuum and stigma
- Frame of Reference and non-judgement
- Reintroducing ALGEE
- Warning signs of mental ill health
- Depression and anxiety
- Suicide and first aid for suicidal crisis
- Psychosis and first aid for severe psychotic episodes
- More mental health issues
- Practising our MHFA skills
- Self-care, wellbeing and recovery
Open courses - The cost per delegate is £125.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundle fee per delegate is £110.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.