STCW Personal Sea Survival
Approved by the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, this open enrolment course is designed to meet the requirements laid down in STCW Regulation VI/1 and paragraph 2.1.1. of the STCW Code and element 6.4 of unit M6 of the Marine VQ’s. Delegates will be presented with a range of emergencies, provided with the essential knowledge, understanding and proficiency to protect and maintain their own and others safety at sea.
This 1 day course is suitable for those who are training to work in the Maritime Industry or seeking employment to work in any capacity on board a sea going vessel.
- Introduction to safety and survival
- Emergency situations
- Survival craft and rescue boats
- Personal life-saving appliances
- Survival at sea
- Emergency radio equipment
- Helicopter assistance
- Donning a life jacket
- Use of an immersion suit
- Jump safely from height into water
- Right an inverted life raft whilst wearing a life jacket
- Swim wearing a life jacket
- Keep afloat without a life jacket
- Board a survival craft
- Operate survival craft equipment
- Operate location devices
- Initial actions when boarding a survival craft to increase change of survival
We are able to offer dates for this course in partnership with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service. The fee per delegate is £137.00 plus VAT.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
STCW Personal Sea Survival.pdf (187.8 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.