Cable Avoidance Tools and Generator (CAT and Genny) Assessment
The aim of this SSG-certified course is to provide operatives with the required level of understanding of the safety proedures and precautions associated with the use of Cable Avoidance Tools before and during excavation work.
SSG offer this course over a half day. Cable Avoidance Tool / Generator operatives who are engaged in excavation and groundworks should attend.
Candidates will participate in theory and practical training covering the following:
- Relevant legislation, approved codes of practice and guidance to include HSG 47
- Interpretation of utility maps
- Symbols used by utility companies on maps
- Common types of underground apparatus
- Safe working practices to include risk assessment and use of PPE
- Practical use of cable avoidance tools and generator
- Health and safety implications of damage to underground apparatus
- Assessment and feedback
Private course - If you have 5 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Cable Avoidance Tools - SSG.pdf (266.5 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.