Cable Avoidance Tools and Generator (CAT and Genny) Assessment
The aim of this assessment is to provide experienced operatives with the required level of understanding of the safety procedures and precautions associated with the use of Cable Avoidance Tools before and during excavation work.
SSG offer this assessment over a half day. Experienced CAT and Genny Operatives who are engaged in excavation and ground works should attend.
Candidates will participate in theory and practical training / assessment covering the following:
- Course Introduction
- Relevant legislation, ACOPS and guidance to include HSG 47
- Interpretation of utility maps
- Symbols used by utility companies on maps
- Common types of underground apparatus
- Safe working practices to include risk assessment and use of PPE
- Practical use of cable avoidance tools and generator
- Health and safety implications of damage to underground apparatus
Open courses - assessments are delivered throughout the year at our Plymouth Training Centre. The cost per delegate is £195.00 plus VAT.
Private course - The cost per delegate is £195.00 plus VAT and is based on a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 6 candidates.
All fees are inclusive of venue and equipment hire, handouts, refreshments and City and Guilds Certification.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.