Adult Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. Adult MHFA courses can be attended by people aged 16 upwards and are relevant for the general population.
Delegates on an Adult MHFA course are taught a set of skills which enables them to support someone experiencing mental health issues. Each and every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor, who has attended the 7 day instructor training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health.
This two day course is designed for delegates across all levels of an organisation, but primarily for line managers or anyone who has the responsibility of managing a team.
This course will:
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people's mental health
Our MHFA instrucutors deliver training in four manageable sections, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills:
- Session 1: Mental Health First Aid, mental health and depression
- Session 2: Depression (continued) and suicidal crisis
- Session 3: Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm
- Session 4: Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Open courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our Plymouth Training Centre. The cost per delegate is £325.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundle fee per delegate is £295.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
Adult Mental Health First Aid.pdf (863.9 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.