First Aid at Work - Refresher
This two day refresher course provides re-qualification for holders of the 3 day First Aid at Work Course.
Delegates must attend the refresher course before their three year First Aid certificate expires.
A ‘hands-on’, practical approach combined with tutor presentations gives delegates an overview and revision of the three day course and an update on the latest best practise. All our First Aid courses are approved by the First Aid Industry Body and Quality Care Academy.
On completion of training successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first aider, including reference to the importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effictively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconcious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Train in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to casualty who is coking, wounded and bleeding or suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes, bruises and small splinters)
- Recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropriate first aid
- Administer first aid to a casualty with: injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries; chest injuries; burns and scalds; eye injuries; sudden poisoning; anaphylactic shock and major wounds.
Please note: The health, safety and welfare of our delegates is paramount. In addition to our general hygiene measures, we have the following in place on our First Aid courses:
- Delegates will be offered the use of nitrile gloves and disposable face shields throughout the course. These will be provided at the beginning of each training day and will be replaced and disposed of as necessary during training sessions.
- Manikins will be sterilised regularly, with lungs and airways disinfected and replaced after each training session.
As a result of updated Training Body guidance relating to delivery of first aid courses during the Covid-19 pandemic, SSG have taken the decision to follow a ‘’Hands-on’’ approach to training the relevant skills associated with this subject.
Please download the pdf below for more information relating to our training protocol.
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £160.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £145.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information about other courses eligible for the Training Bundles fee.
Private Courses - If you have 8 or more delegates a private course at venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.