Fire Safety Management
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires the ‘Responsible Person’ to safeguard the occupants of the building against fire and establish a fire safety management system.
This one day course provides attending delegates with an underpinning knowledge of current fire legislation and guidance together with advice on how to establish an effective fire safety management system that will integrate with their current H&S management systems; where applicable.
It will introduce the Regulatory Reform Fire Safety Order 2005 and explain how by utilizing available Reference Guides, British Standards and Approved Codes of Practice, the Manager can work towards satisfying the Legal Requirements for the protection of relevant persons within or about the workplace.
- Fire statistics and high profile examples
- Relevant legislation with focus on the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- The chemistry of fire; including the fire triangle and classes of fire
- Fire prevention technniques including housekeeping, storage and safe working practices
- Fire precautions, including compartmentation, fire detection, fire escape stratgeies and extinguishers
- The maintenance of fire precautions within the workplace
- Fire safety management
- Fire risk assessment process
- Emergency planning and drills
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our Plymouth training centres. The cost per delegate is £205.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £185.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Fire Safety Management.pdf (505.4 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.