Fire Safety Awareness
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that "the responsible person must ensure that his employees are provided with adequate safety training". The level of training will depend on the findings of a Fire Risk Assessment.
This half day course aims to provide a basic understanding of fire and improve fire safety by raising awareness of fire prevention and precautions, including practical use of extinguishers. The course is suitable for employers at all functional levels within an organisation requiring basic understanding of fire risk and fire control.
- Fire statistics and high profile examples
- An overview of relevant legislation
- An overview of fire chemistry (the fire triangle / classes of fire)
- An overview of fire prevention techniques including housekeeping, storage and safe working practices
- An overview of fire precautions, including fire detection, fire escape routes, drills and extinguishers
- Practical use of fire extinguishers
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £125.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £110.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Fire Safety Awareness.pdf (612.3 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.