Managing Contractors (including Permit to Work) - Online
Contractor management is not only important with respect to contractual and commercial obligations but essential when maintaining a safe working environment. Health and safety law requires that client organisations ensure a safe working environment for their employees, and those of other employers working on their premises, sites or in their name.
In the unfortunate event of an accident involving a contractor, questions will be asked of both the client and the contractor regarding how the safety of those activities were managed.
This half day course is designed for management and supervisors with responsibilities for the control and assessment of contractors.
- Hazards and risks associated with the management of contractors
- Risks to contractors and client employees
- Overview of relevant legislation including Health and Safety at Work Act, Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations and Construction (Design, Management) Regulations
- Procedures for the control of contractors
- Contractor assessment and approval
- Contractor assessment schemes e.g. Chas, SSIP, Exor
- Control of contractor operations – site rules, induction, risk assessment and safe working procedures
- Monitoring of contractor activities onsite – supervision and permits to work
Open Courses - The cost per delegate is £100.00 plus VAT. The training bundles fee per delegate is £88.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our training bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.