Legionella Awareness: Control of Legionella in Water Systems - Online
Legionellosis is the collective name given to the pneumonia-like illness caused by legionella bacteria. This includes potentially fatal legionnaires' disease, as well as the similar but less serious conditions.
The course introduces delegates to the risk from Legionellosis and what controls should be put into place. It pays due regard to Approved Code of Practice L8 (Fourth edition) applying to the control of the legionella bacteria and HSG274 Part 1 Published 2013, technical guidance regarding water systems.
This half day course is designed for all employees who have responsibilities associated with the control of Legionella, including the Duty Holder, Responsible Person and those undertaking tests and maintaining records. It will be particularly useful to those who control premises or manage, control or monitor the risk of exposure (as well as those responsible for record keeping).
The duty holder should specifically appoint a competent person or persons to take day-to-day responsibility for controlling any identified risk from legionella bacteria.
- Risk from Legionellosis and its effect on the individual
- Requirements for identification and assessment of the risk from exposure to legionella bacteria from work activities and water systems on the premises and precautionary measures needed
- Overview of a legionella risk assessment process
- Roles and responsibilities of the Duty Holder and the appointment of a Responsible Person
- Roles and responsibilities of the Responsible Person
- Identification of the key parts within a Scheme of Control
- Maintenance of suitable records of examinations, tests and repairs of control measures
- Responsibilities of Designers, Manufacturers, Importers, Suppliers and Installers
N.B. This does not include practical training in carrying out a legionella risk assessment
Open Courses - The cost per delegate is £125.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegates is £110.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundles fees.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.