Electrical Safety Awareness
The Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 requires any employees required to work on or near electrical systems, must be competent. This is defined in HSE guidance as having the suitable training, skill, knowledge for the task to prevent injury to themselves and others.
This one day course is isuitable for all trades working on or near electrical systems, or those with responsibility for the safety of others.
The course includes elements of Legislation, HSE Guidance and Technical Policy from the IET (formerly the Institute of Electrical Engineers) and other professional bodies, and covers the following areas:
- An overview of the legislation
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Definitions (i.e of voltage levels, live work)
- Safe systems of work
- Appointment of competent persons
- Effects of electricity (shocks and burns)
- Types of methods and protection
- Harmonisation of cable colours
- Safe and secure isolation
- PPE and test equipment requirements
- Locking off procedure
- Working environment
- Risk assessment
- Electrical maintenance
- PAT Testing basics
- Spot the faults exercise
- Building Regulations part P
- Lock out and tag system
- Permit to work
- Certificates of boundary isolation
- Certification of the installation
- DC safety awareness
Generic systems can be discussed during the training to highlight areas where additional control measures need to be introduced. Alternatively, the course can be tailored to integrate the companies existing policies and procedures beforehand, although this may require an element of consultancy.
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £205.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £185.00 plus VAT.
Private Courses - If you have 5 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Electrical Safety Awareness.pdf (225 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.