City & Guilds 6160-08 Level 3 Award in Working as a Member of a Rescue and Recovery Team in Confined Spaces
The City & Guilds Training Scheme 6160 is the water industry standard. All water companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
This course includes preparing to carry out emergency activities, entering and exiting confined spaces safely, using emergency equipment, casualty recovery and handling devices in accordance with manufacturers’ specifications, rescuing and recovering casualties, following procedures and working safely. The aim of this course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for controlling entry and arrangements at a confined space. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas:
- Water – this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment process, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water – this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling.
- Plan and prepare emergency operations for rescue team
- Mobilise a rescue team and direct entry and exit to the confined space
- Monitor a rescue team to ensure procedures are followed
- Understand the principles of working as rescue team leader
- Understand rescue team leader duties and responsibilities
Delegates must be medically fit and healthy, have reached the age of 18 and clean shaven. Candidates will be wearing full body harnesses and our safe working at height equipment has a safe working load of 136kg.
Please note: if working as a rescue and recovery team member, learners must also hold the Working in High Risk Confined Spaces qualification.
The fee per delegate is £650 plus VAT without Top Person training. Top Person training is available as a three-day course for an additional £575 plus VAT.
- City & Guilds 6160-07 Level 3 Award in Direct Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.