City & Guilds 6160-07 Level 3 Award in Direct Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
The City & Guilds Training Scheme 6160 is the water industry standard. All water companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
This one-day course provides learners with the basic skills and knowledge to direct emergency rescue and recovery of casualties from confined spaces. The qualification covers both water and non-water industry areas:
- Water – this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment process, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water – this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling.
- Plan and prepare emergency operations for rescue team
- Mobilise a rescue team and direct entry and exit to the confined space
- Inspiring people and businesses to work safely and sustainably
- Monitor a rescue team to ensure procedures are followed
- Understand the principles of working as rescue team leader
- Understand rescue team leader duties and responsibilities
Delegates must be medically fit and healthy, have reached the age of 18 and be clean shaven. Candidates will be wearing full body harnesses and our safe working at height equipment has a safe working load of 136kg.
Please note: if supervising teams performing rescue and recovery, learners must also hold the Working as a Member of a Rescue and Recovery Team in Confined Spaces qualification (6160-08) and Working in High Risk Confined Spaces qualification (6160-03).
The fee per delegate is £300 plus VAT (without Top Person). Top Person training is available as a three-day course for an additional £575 plus VAT.
Pre-course medical questionnaires will be issued on confirmation of booking, which should be completed prior to undertaking the training.
- City & Guilds 6160-07 Level 3 Award in Direct Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.