City & Guilds 6160-04 Award in Control Entry and Arrangements for Confined Spaces
The City & Guilds Training Scheme 6160 is the water industry standard. All water companies participated in the formulation of this scheme to ensure that training quality is consistent and accepted nationally.
The aim of this three-day course is to reflect the national occupational standard (NOS) for controlling entry and arrangements at a confined space. This unit covers both water and non-water industry areas:
- Water – this may include working with potable water, sewage treatment process, drain and sewer cleaning operations, or where the operative is working in or near water, or where a confined space is subject to surface water flooding.
- Non-water – this may include pharmaceutical, petrochemical, asbestos removal, vehicle manufacture and servicing, aeronautical, construction, communications, power, utilities, gas, electrical and mechanical engineering, and some elements of work operations in mines, quarries and tunnelling.
- Implement procedures for teams working in confined spaces
- Control safe entry and exit to the confined space
- Monitor the work team to ensure procedures are followed
- Control emergency situations
- Understand health and safety and environmental legislation
- Understand standard protocols for work in confined spaces
- Understand entry controller duties and responsibilities
- Understand equipment checks and testing required
We are able to offer dates for this course in partnership with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service. The fee per delegate is £575 plus VAT.
- City & Guilds 6160-07 Level 3 Award in Direct Emergency Rescue and Recovery of Casualties from Confined Spaces
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.