Asbestos Awareness - Annual Refresher
Asbestos is one of the biggest occupational health issues and kills around 5000 workers each year, which is greater than those who die through road traffic accidents in the UK. However, asbestos is not just a problem of the past. It can be present today in any building built or refurbished before the year 2000.
The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012, Approved Code of Practice states that ‘refresher training should be given regularly’. SSG offer this training as a two hour course.
- History, types and properties of asbestos
- Possible effects on health
- Locations/identification of possible Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMSs)
- Relevant parts of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Types of Asbestos Surveys
- Emergency procedures
Open Courses - courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £70.00 plus VAT.
Private Courses - if you have 5 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a suitable and cost effective option. Contact our Customer Service team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Asbestos Awareness - Annual Ref - UKATA.pdf (202.1 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.