Gamify Your Workplace
- Date: Wednesday 17th April 2019
- PDF: Download
Gamification is the latest buzz-word in the world of employee motivation and in a recent survey, 1 in 3 workers have confirmed that the concept would not only boost morale but would also make them work harder.
How does it work?
For those of us who have ever received or issued ‘Employee of the Month’ awards: this concept is fairly similar.
Essentially, employees are set small ad-hoc or regular goals and targets and are awarded points in return, which can then be traded in for bonus payments or rewards.
Setting such goals isn’t just something applicable to office-based workers. Employers may also choose on-site targets relating to productivity, health and safety or attendance.
Rewards can include extra days off, bonus payments or lunch vouchers – just watch out for higher value prizes, as these might be classed as a benefit in kind.
In a recent survey, the following rewards made the top ten for employees:
- extracurricular clubs (97.57)
- a pool table (92.03)
- ping pong tables (89.38)
- office sports teams such as football or netball (88.59)
- games consoles and in-office video games (87.83)
- a day off on your birthday (85.60)
- discounts on holidays (85.55)
- discounts at supermarkets (85.52)
- free coffee and hot drinks (84.63)
- deductions on restaurants and takeaways (83.24)
Source: Manuela Grossmann