Important Changes to CSkills Grant Scheme
- Date: Wednesday 5th August 2009
New changes have come into effect this month relating the payment of CSkills grants. The changes, which include a reduction in supplementary payments, will come into force as of 1st August 2009 and remain until review in mid 20101.
Significant changes to the grant system include:
Short duration off-the-job training
- Courses of one day or more - £31 (previously £35)
- Half day training courses - £15.50 (previously £17.50)
- Reduction in the cap on short duration off-the-job training grants to £5000 (previously £10,000)
Site Safety Plus Training
- Attendance - £31 (previously £35)
- Achievement - £90 - £225 depending on the course
- Will be set at 10% except for apprentice and graduate grant supports (previously 25%)
- Grants will not be paid until you have either paid your levy assessment in full or signed up to pay by direct debit. Claims can still be submitted but will not be paid until levy conditions have been met.
Additional changes also impact on grant claims for Plant training and health and safety tests. For a full breakdown of the changes download the CSkills grant guides from the grants section of the CSkill website www.cskills.org or contact SSG\'s administration team.