NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety - Distance Learning
SSG have developed a unique distance learning package for those unable to attend or would prefer not to attend taught classes.
The NEBOSH National General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification of its kind in the UK. Many people take the NEBOSH National General Certificate as a first step in a career in health and safety. It provides a valuable overview, and is a sound basis for further professional study.
This course is suitable for managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations making day-to-day decisions at work who need a broad understanding of health and safetyissues and to be able to manage risks effectively.
Unit NGC1 - Management of Health and Safety contains the following elements:
- Element 1 - Foundations in Health and Safety
- Element 2 - Health & Safety Management Systems 1 - Plan
- Element 3 - Health & Safety Management Systems 2 - Do
- Element 4 - Health & Safety Management Systems 3 - Check
- Element 5 - Health & Safety Management Systems 4 - Act
Unit GC2 - Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Element 1 - Workplace Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 2 - Transport Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 3 - Musculoskeletal Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 4 - Work Equipment Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 5 - Electrical Safety
- Element 6 - Fire Safety
- Element 7 - Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Risk Control
- Element 8 - Physical and Psychological Health and Hazards and Riks Control
GC3 - Health and Safety Practical Assessment
An appropriate time scale for undertaking distance learning is 6-12 months depending on the learning undertaken by the individual. Exams are held four times a year at our Plymouth Training Centre. Publications can and do change annually so additional fees will occur after 12 months.
For more information contact our Custoer Service Team on 01752 201616.