CISRS Scaffold Inspection - Basic (SITS)
This SITS (Scaffold Inspection Training Scheme) CISRS course is intended for persons responsible for inspecting and checking scaffolds for safe use and for signing certificates and registers in accordance with statutory regulations.
The overall aim of this 3 day course is to develop trainees with an understanding of scaffold components, forms of construction and inspection procedures of basic access scaffolds and to comply with current legislation and codes of practice.
Prerequisites for Delegates
Delegates must have successfully completed a CITB Health, Safety and Environment Test within 2 years prior to attending this course.
Alternatively, delegates may hold an accepted Health and Safety exemption certificate within the last 2 years; please see below:
- Completion of CISRS Recognised Scaffolding Apprenticeship Induction (Initial Trainee card only)
- IOSH Working Safely/IOSH Managing Safely/IOSH Directing Safely
- FAS Safe Pass
- NEBOSH (General/Construction/International) H&S Certficate
- CITB SMSTS Certificate
- CITB SSSTS Certificate
- Current CCNSG Safety Passport (SCATS)
- Current CCNSG Leading a Team Safely (SCATS)
- Current MIST/BOSIET/OPITO Approved Offshore Certificate
- Introduction to Scaffolding and Scaffolding terminology
- The Work at Heights Regulations 2005
- British, European and Industry Stanrdards (NASC)
- Overview of SG4:15 Fall Arrest Equipment
- Tube, fittings and boards
- Safe ladder access and egress
- Scaffolders training and working methods
- Bracing and tying scaffolds
- Fan boards and public protection
- Mobile, static and loading towers
- Birdcage scaffolds
- Beams and bridging beams
- Various types of system scaffolding
- How to carry out a scaffolding inspection
- Scaffold tagging systems
Open Courses – Courses are delivered throughout the year at our Plymouth Training Centre. The cost per delegate is £495 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee is £465 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses – If you have 6 or more delegates a private course may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
CISRS Scaffold Inspection - Basic (SITS).pdf (182.4 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.