Rescue 3 Swiftwater and Flood Rescue Technician (SRT)
The Rescue Technician course is intended for those personnel who will be required, in teams, to carry out rescues in a swiftwater and flood enviornment. The course is based on the philosophy of self-protection and application of low to high risk solutions.
The course is designed for personnel from emergency services, mountain rescue teams and also other category 2 responders, as well as raft guides and those involved in coaching involving moving water activities e.g. kayaking.
- Rescue 3 philosophy and absolutes
- Introduction to technical rescue equipment
- Hazard identification and risk assessment
- Introduction to rope systems
- National and international standards
- Personal and team equipment
- Swimming in moving water
- Channel crossing methods
- Search options
- Management and organisations of water incidents
- Medical consideration
- Flat water boat handling
- Contact and in moving water rescues
Course Delivery Options
We are able to offer dates for this course in partnership with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service. The fee per delegate is £322.00 plus VAT.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.