Rescue 3 Swiftwater and Flood First Responder (SFR)
The First Responder course is designed to provide personnel who may be responding water rescue incidents with the knowledge, skills and understanding of the moving water environment. It will enable them to recognise hazards and be able to conduct self-rescue in moving water, conduct wading rescues in shallow, moving water and assist the Swiftwater Rescue Technician at a technical rescue incident.
This course is designed for personnel who have to respond to water related incidents and who may have to work within 3m risk of entering the water (warm zone) and who may be employed at flood operations.
- Rescue 3 philosphy and absolutes
- National and International standards
- Personal and team equipment
- Dynamics and hazards of water
- Rescuer safety
- Use of rope equipment
- Channel crossing methods
- Search, management and organisation of water incidents
- Line crossing methods
- Tethered boats to support Swiftwater Rescue Technicians
Course Delivery Options
We are able to offer dates for this course in partnership with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service. The fee per delegate is £322.00 plus VAT.
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.