S.P.A Petrol Retail Safety Passport
Designed for all contractor site personnel who work on petrol retail forecourts operating under the Safety Pass Alliance (SPA).
The SPA Safety Passport Scheme is an industry led solution to the problem of providing adequate and auditable safety training for all employees and self- employed who should as a result, be able to work at significantly less risk to themselves and others. Companies who have adopted the Safety Passport Scheme have seen demonstrable reductions in accident rates.
SSG offer this training as a 2 day course. The first day will cover the Core day syllabus, whilst the second day focuses on the Petrol Retail syllabus.
Day 1 - Core Day
(Please note: delegates who hold exisitng formal safety qualifications may be exempt from this day; please contact SSG for further information)
On completion of the course delegates will have the knowledge to:
- Understand areas of responsibility for health, safety and the environment
- Understand the implications of hazard recognition/risk assessment and effects on individuals and the employer
- Demonstrate how individual behaviour can help reduce accidents
- Module 1 - Organising for safety
- Module 2 - The workplace
- Module 3 - Tools, plant and machinery
- Module 4 - Health
- Module 5 - Procedures
- Module 6 - The environment
Day 2 - Petrol Retail
On completion of the course delegates will:
- Have built on the basic health and safety information of the Core Day programme by concentrating on risks specifically found with working on a Petrol Filling Station
- Understand how to recognise hazards, utilise control measures and safe working practices and maintain a safe working environment
- Types of hazards
- Fuel hazards
- Fuel properties
- Restricted areas on a petrol forecourt
- Hazardous areas
- Zone classification
- Delivery hazards
- Vapour recovery
- Customer hazards
- Other hazards
- Contractor hazards
- Safety method statements
- Clearence certificates
- Permits to work
- Task classification
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is as follows:
Plymouth Training Centre and Taunton Training Centre £275.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £260.00 plus VAT.
For either the single Core Day or single Petrol Retail Day, per delegate fee £185.00 plus VAT. Bundle Fee per Delegate £170.00 per delegate
Please click here for more information about other courses eligible for the Training Bundles fee.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.