STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibility
This ‘open enrolment’ course complies with STCW Reg VI/1 Section A-VI/1 para 2.1.4 and is designed to give delegates a basic induction in safety procedures and accident prevention whilst familiarising delegates with the employment conditions and working environments on board merchant vessels.
This half day course is suitable for delegates who are training to work in the Maritime Industry or seeking employment to work in any capacity on board a sea going vessel.
- Table A-VI/1 (From STCW95 code)
- Induction training
- Ship familiarisation
- Hazards on board
- Types of emergencies
- Shipboard contingency plans
- Emergency signals
- Action on emergency alarm signals
- Value of training and drills
- Safe working practices
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Environmental safety measures
- Working in confined spaces
- Permits to work
- Human relationships
- Dangers of drug and alcohol abuse
We are able to offer dates for this course in partnership with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service. The fee per delegate is £87.00 plus VAT.
Suggested Follow on and Complementary Courses
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.