Cable Avoidance Tools and Generator (CAT and Genny)
The aim of the location and avoidance of underground apparatus course is to provide the delegates with the required level of understanding of the safety procedures and precautions associated with the use of Cable Avoidance Tools before and during excavation.
SSG offer this training over over a hlaf day - due to the nature of this is course and the City and Guilds Assessment requirements the duration may vary slightly depending on the number of delegates attending.
Experienced CAT and Genny Operatives who are engages in excavation and ground works should attend.
Candidates will participate in theory and practical training covering the following:
- Course Introduction
- Relevant legislation, ACOPS and guidance to include HSG 47
- Interpretation of utility maps
- Symbols used by utility companies on maps
- Common types of underground apparatus
- Safe working practices to include risk assessment and use of PPE
- Practical use of Cat and Genny
- Health and safety implications of damage to underground apparatus
- Assessment and feedback
Open courses - courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegae is £165 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private course - The cost per delegate is £165 plus VAT and is based on a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 6 candidates.
All fees are inclusive of venue and equipment hire, handouts, refreshments and City and Guilds Certification.
Other suggested and complementary courses:
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.