First Aid At Work
This 3 day First Aid at Work course is delivered using a 'hands on', practical approach, combined with tutor presentations to give delegates the best opportunity of mastering the practicalities of first aid treatment.
The course is suitable for any person who has been carefully selected to ensure that they are capable of taking on the responsibilities of a first aider.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of the first-aider, including reference to: the importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casuatly who is unconcius (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Train in the use of an AED
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking, wounded and bleeding or suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, graze, bruises, small splinters)
- Recognise the presence of major illness (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes) and provide appropriate first aide
- Administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including suspected spinal injuries; chest injuries; burns and scalds; eye injuries; sudden poisoning and anaphylactic shock
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £235.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £215.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information about other courses eligible for the Training Bundles fee.
Private Courses - If you have 8 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow On and Complementary Courses
FAW & FAWR - Course Information.pdf (286.8 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.