Fire Warden Training
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 requires the responsible person to establish appropriate emergency procedures, including safety drills and to nominate a sufficient number of competent persons to implement those procedures. The number of competent persons and level of training will depend on the findings of a Fire Risk Assessment.
This 1-day course will provide trained Fire Wardens to assist an organisation in meeting their responsibilities under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Fire statistics and high profile examples
- Relevant legislation with focus on the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- The chemistry of fire; including the fire triangle and classes of fire
- Methods of fire spread in buildings including 'Flashover' and 'Backdraft'
- Fire prevention technqiues including housekeeping, storage and safe working practices
- Fire precautions, including compartmentation, fire detection, fire escape strategies and extinguishers
- Emergency planning and drills
- The duties of a 'Fire Warden' including drills, inspection and routine equipment checks
- Practical use of fire extinguishers
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £205.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegates is £185.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 5 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow On and Complementary Courses
Fire Warden.pdf (144.8 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.