Electrical Safety Awareness
Electricity is a familiar and necessary part of everyday life but can easily kill or severly injure people and cause damage to property. The ratio of fatalities to injuries for electrical accidents than for most other categories of injury. If an electrical accident occurs, the chances of a fatalitity are about in in thirty to fourty.
There are simple precautions when working with, or near electricity that can be taken to significantly reduce the risk of electrical injury to you and others around you, that this course will help to highlight.
This 1 day course is ideally suited to those who may have little or no experiemce or professional qualifications associated with electricity and/or working with electricity.
- The basics of electricity
- The hazards of electricity
- Causes of electrical failure
- Prevention of electrical failure
- Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Mangagement of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- HSE Guidance Notes
- Static Electricity
- Electrical equipment in hazardous environments
- Treatment of electrical shock
Private Courses - If you have 5 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Other suggested and complementary courses:
Electrical Safety Awareness.pdf (142.3 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.