CITB: Abrasive Wheels - Safe Use of Petrol Driven Cut-off Saws
This ½ day course promotes the safe use of petrol driven cut off saws in the construction industry.
Delegates who complete this course will have an understanding of:
- How to safely operate, refuel and transport the saw,
- The selection and fitting of appropriate PPE.
- CITB Petrol Driven Cut Off Saw Training Course Programme
Successful delegates will complete the course with an understanding of:
- The importance of wearing PPE.
- The dangers that dust poses to health.
- The dangers that noise poses to health.
- Effects of vibration on the hand and arm.
- Dangers involved in using a petrol driven cut off saw in poorly ventilated spaces.
- Safety features of a petrol driven cut off saw.
- The importance of ensuring the fuel cap is correctly fitted.
- Causes of kick back.
- The importance of ensuring that the wheel is correct for the machine and application.
- The need for carrying out a site assessment.Correct cold and hot start procedures for the saw.
- Correct method for holding the saw.
- Correct technique for cutting stone/brick/concrete on
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £135.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £125.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information about other courses eligible for the Training Bundles fee.
Private Courses - If you have 6 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow On and Complementary Courses
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.