Asbestos is one of the biggest occupational health issues and kills around 5000 workers each year, which is greater than those who die through road traffic accidents in the UK. However, asbestos is not just a problem of the past. It can be present today in any buildingbuilt or refurbished before the year 2000.
This half day awareness course is suited to carpenters, plumbers, heating and ventillation engineers, maintenance workers, construction workers and any others who might be exposed to asbestos through their work activities.
- History, types and properties of asbestos
- Possible effects on health
- Overview of relevant legislation to include the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Locations/identification of possible Asbestos Containing Materials (ACMs)
- Operations that could cause fibre release
- Asbestos surveys
- Procedures upon discovery
Open Courses - Courses are delivered throughout the year at our regional training centres. The cost per delegate is £125.00 plus VAT. The Training Bundles fee per delegate is £110.00 plus VAT.
Please click here for more information on our Training Bundle fees.
Private Courses - If you have 5 or more delegates a private course at a venue of your choice may be a more suitable and cost effective option. Contact our administration team on 01752 201616 for more information.
Suggested Follow-on and Complementary Courses:
Asbestos Awareness - UKATA.pdf (150 KB)
- Start date: Thursday 1st January 1970 (01:00)
Please enter the names and email addresses of the people that are to attend the course.
If there are any special requirements please fill them in too.